MLS Laser Therapy
MLS Laser Therapy uses specific wavelengths of light that have strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effects on tissues that are exposed to the laser. Painful conditions accompanied by swelling or inflammation benefit from this technology.
Photons of laser energy penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to the MLS Laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves faster. Unlike some pharmacological solutions, there are no known negeative side effects.
MLS Laser Therapy is painless.
Most patients report no sensation at all while recieving laser therapy. Treaments average 8 minutes. MLS Laser therapy is fast acting, many patients in high level of acute pain experience relief after the first or second treatment.
Over 90% of patients experience positive results after the 3rd treatment, with the average course of treatment being 7 to 10 sessions. I n many cases, by the 3rd or 4th treatment, swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain.The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cucmulative , therefore expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one pphase of treatment.
It is critical once you, that you complete the course of treatments recommended by your doctor or symtoms are likely to reoccur. As inflammation is reduced , the pain subsidesvery quickly. In simple terms, laser energy kick-starts teh healing process,thereby speeding recovery.
MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendons and ligment injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Muscle strains and tears
- Sore muscles and joints
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological pain
- Chronic non-healing wounds
- General pain
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre and post surgical treament
- Anti-inflammation application
- Specific neurological conditions
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Rapid relie of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains and strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
- Don't ignore foot pain. It is not normal. If you experience any type of persistent pain in the foot or ankle, please contact our office.
- Inspect your feet regularly. Pay attention to changes in color and temperature. Look for thick or discolored nails (a sign of developing fungus), and check for cracks or cuts in the skin. Peeling or scaling on the soles of feet may indicate Athlete's Foot. Any growth on the foot is not considered normal.
- Wash your feet regularly, especially between the toes, and be sure to dry them completely.
- Trim toenails straight across, but not too short. Be careful not to cut nails in corners or on the sides; this can lead to ingrown toenails. Persons with diabetes, poor circulation, or heart problems should not treat their own feet, because they are more prone to infection.
- Make sure that your shoes fit properly. Purchase new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest, and replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
- Select and wear the right shoe for each sport or activity that you are engaged in (e.g., running shoes for running).
- Alternate shoesâ€”don't wear the same pair of shoes every day.
- Avoid walking barefooted. Your feet will be more prone to injury and infection. At the beach or when wearing sandals always use sunblock on your feet.
- Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments. Self-treatment may turn a minor problem into a major one.
- If you are a diabetic, please contact our office and schedule a check-up at least once a year.