MLS Laser Therapy
MLS Laser Therapy uses specific wavelengths of light that have strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effects on tissues that are exposed to the laser. Painful conditions accompanied by swelling or inflammation benefit from this technology.
Photons of laser energy penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to the MLS Laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves faster. Unlike some pharmacological solutions, there are no known negeative side effects.
MLS Laser Therapy is painless.
Most patients report no sensation at all while recieving laser therapy. Treaments average 8 minutes. MLS Laser therapy is fast acting, many patients in high level of acute pain experience relief after the first or second treatment.
Over 90% of patients experience positive results after the 3rd treatment, with the average course of treatment being 7 to 10 sessions. I n many cases, by the 3rd or 4th treatment, swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain.The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cucmulative , therefore expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one pphase of treatment.
It is critical once you, that you complete the course of treatments recommended by your doctor or symtoms are likely to reoccur. As inflammation is reduced , the pain subsidesvery quickly. In simple terms, laser energy kick-starts teh healing process,thereby speeding recovery.
MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendons and ligment injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Muscle strains and tears
- Sore muscles and joints
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological pain
- Chronic non-healing wounds
- General pain
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre and post surgical treament
- Anti-inflammation application
- Specific neurological conditions
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Rapid relie of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains and strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
Increased media attention has heightened awareness for the spread of infections from shared instruments and unhygienic practices in many salons. One way to avoid any exposure is to do pedicures for yourself at home. Here are some easy steps to follow that will make sure to keep your feet safe:
1. Soak your feet in warm soapy water for approximately 10 minutes. This helps soften and clean skin and nails.
2. After the foot soaking, gently rub the skin with a pumice stone or emery board. This gets rid of dead skin cells and calluses. Some body scrub products can help exfoliate dead skin. (Please contact our office if you have deep calluses or corns and need help shaving them.)
3. Push back the cuticles with an orange stick or a Hindu stone. Cuticles offer protection from bacteria and infection. Cuticles clearly overhanging the nail margins need to be carefully trimmed. Do not trim any further than the nail margin or draw blood as this can lead to infection.
4. Trim toenails straight across rather than in a curved pattern. This helps prevent ingrown toenails, allowing the straight edge of the nail to advance as one unit. Toenails should be trimmed just enough so that you can see a few millimeters of skin just beyond the nail margin. Nails should not overhang the edge of the toe.
5. Refine the nail edge with an emery board, maintaining the straight edge.
6. Apply cream and moisturizing lotion to the skin and nail margins.
7. Massage the cream or lotion into the feet. A foot massage can help relieve tension and tired, aching feet. You can get a good massage at home by rolling your feet back and forth over a rolling pin or bottle. Specialists in the body's reflexes, called reflexologists, believe that points on the foot correspond to other body parts and ailments can be relieved through reflexology. They believe the ball of the foot has a connection to the lungs, the heel to the lower back, and the great toe to the head. Although no scientific research exists to back up these claims, reflexology does seem to produce positive results in some people.
8. Apply nail polish remover to the nails to gently remove excess lotion. This allows nail polish to adhere better to the nail. To apply nail polish, start with a base coat, followed by one or two coats of the nail color, and, finally, a clear topcoat.
9. Space your pedicures apart by approximately eight weeks.